What does circular economy and waste management mean?
How can it help companies, citizens and the environment in an intelligent and real way?
The circular economy is based on the fact that waste collection and disposal is not seen as a linear process, but a circular one, thanks to which waste is reprocessed. Thus waste becomes a secondary raw material, i.e. a “material derived from the recovery and recycling of normal garbage”.
Circular economy‘s objective and advantages:
The objective of the Circular Economy is therefore a progressive change of approach along the entire life cycle of a product.
But what are the benefits of the circular economy and waste management for people, businesses and the environment?
The Circular Economy, paying special attention to resource efficiency and waste management, brings considerable advantages. Some of the benefits are:
- environment impact mitigation;
- the extension of a product’s life cycle;
- the identification of methodologies to re-introduce into the production cycle the so-called ” secondary raw materials” obtained from an appropriate sorting during the disposal phase.
What is the Sicut Mater project?
moltosenso works on different fields and one of the most innovative is precisely that of waste management.
Sicut Mater is an innovative project that has a positive impact on our lives: in fact, it allows citizens and companies to save money and effectively organise the waste collection, always in respect of nature.
But how was the Sicut Mater project developed?
The project was developed in partnership with Volsca Ambiente e Servizi Spa and the European Research Institute (ERI), with the support of the FESR Regione Lazio.
How it works?
Through the on demand waste collection system, moltosenso has developed two different service streams: one for companies and the other one for citizens.
In a very practical way this is what happens
When the bin has reached its maximum capacity, the citizen presses a simple button on the personal device, so the waste management company takes charge of the collection request.
The waste management company organises the routes accordingly according to the actual demand from the territory, avoiding unnecessary stops and detours to empty empty containers.
The availability of predictive algorithms for waste management, based on collection data, allows numerical estimation of the production of the different “waste fractions”.
So you can also predict what and how many “secondary raw materials” will be produced.
What is the purpose of the Sicut Mater project, what are the benefits
The Sicut Mater project is useful for:
- develop and test an smart device that allows the citizen to communicate to the operator his or her disposal of the container to be collected (waste collection on demand);
- develop a bidirectional communication system (citizen/manager; manager/citizen) that provides information on the collection calendar and environmental initiatives;
- apply a collection route planning model that optimizes time, reduces emissions, and makes the best use of the operator’s resources;
- Significantly contribute to the Circular Economy not only by addressing resource optimisation aspects (reduced consumption/time consumption, reduced emissions, lower carbon footprint) but also by creating the conditions for mapping the productivity of secondary raw materials from door-to-door collection.
Further developments following Sicut Mater are therefore a more in-depth analysis of secondary raw material flows and experimentation with pay as you throw (PAYT) methodologies based on objective citizen behaviour.
What’s this about? It is an artificial intelligence calculation system, which allows the calculation of a precise sum based on the exact amount of waste produced and the services required.
In doing so, it is no longer based on the presumption of waste production, which may not be entirely true, but on its precise observation, through the monitoring of the algorithm and the assignment of a unique code.
In other words, thanks to moltosenso it is possible to develop the concept of “precision collection and management“.
- develop effective monitoring of production and collection;
- communicate with greater transparency;
- encourage a more careful and responsible citizen participation.
It is therefore clear how much the beneficial effects of ICT moltosenso extend to everyone: ecology, companies, professionals and the citizen.
It is a way to educate every person, in an intelligent, simple and practical way, to respect the environment and awareness. Because every action of ours has an impact, more or less strong, on what surrounds us.
The circular economy, an important concept we have anticipated in the introduction, “concludes” this cycle while not closing it completely, in the name of intelligent recycling.
In the field of smart waste management, which we have also written about in this ARTICLE, it is a fundamental and important step.
At last the organization and the artificial intelligence arrive in support of man and nature, in a revolutionary and practical way, respecting an environment with fragile balances, which we must respect and protect all.
Find out what we do and ask for more information
moltosenso offers a consulting service aimed at optimizing processes through the application of ICT solutions.
Our wireless systems allow the monitoring of all types of activities and physical phenomena. Doing this through a practical Plug and Play system of sensors and actuators.
We also offer a detailed data processing system to our customers, who can benefit from a unique opportunity to optimize their processes.
That’s why thanks to moltosenso you can easily reduce your operating costs and make your life easier.
Contact us to learn more or to simply get more information.
A member of our team will answer you as soon as possible.